After 20 years experience as a generalist-practioner in a rural state, and as a parent, there are few psychological questions to which I have never been exposed.
My clients are folks like you, at every age and stage of life. They have frequently included:
- Couples of all orientations seeking both relationship and sex therapy
- Young adults and adolescents with self-definition and identity issues
- Individuals working through life issues of loss and grief
- Survivors of both recent and childhood trauma, for whom PTSD connects body and mind
- Dually diagnosed individuals, with sobriety of at least one year who are dealing with anxiety and depression (earlier self-medicated through alcohol/drug use)
- Adults coping with life changes, including following brain injury
With several years of travel experience outside of North America, I am also at ease in different cultural contexts. Some investigation of traditional indigenous healing practices informs my work. Thus I ground my vision in a rigorous understanding of biology, neuropsychology, as well as culture and spiritual world-view. My approach allows you to embrace the whole of your particular experience on multiple levels of consciousness, as well as to think about it with both clarity and compassion.
I sincerely look forward to working with anyone for whom such a perspective seems to fit.